2022 Champions Head to the Islands for PGAs National…
The 2022 PGA’s National Club Championship will be hosted in February, 2023 for all 2022 amateur club champions. The women will compete at Sea Island Resort and the men at Kiawah Island Resort. For the first time, the PGA will also recognize and invite super senior club champions at all facilities across the United States that have a PGA Member. You can now submit 2022 club champions and they will receive an invitation.
This championship continues to be the highlight for amateur club champions and wouldn’t be possible without the support of TaylorMade. TaylorMade will be sending out their newest products to select club champions throughout the year and making it a memorable experience in February for all.
One of the most common questions we get asked is who is eligible to compete at the PGA’s National Club Championship. In light of the recent addition of super senior club champions being added, here are the requirements:
- 2022 amateur club champion at a facility with a PGA Member (or receive coaching from a PGA Member)
- There are 3 recognized club champions for both Men and Women that are eligible to sign up for the National Club Championship from each facility. Many have different age requirements and formats for club champions; therefore, the facility’s PGA Member has full jurisdiction to define which championships award these divisions:
- Open Club Champions (typically the gross, non-age specific division)
- Senior Club Champions
- Super Senior Club Champions
- Special exemptions may be made for extenuating circumstances. Additionally, invitations are awarded to the top 5 competitors from the previous year’s championship.
Once a player receives an official invitation, he or she may sign up for any of the following divisions that are conducted at the PGA’s National Club Championship (while space exists). When signing up for these divisions, the standard yardage range will be provided to help club champions decide which division is best suited:
- Open Division (any age is eligible)
- Senior Division (anyone 50+ is eligible)
- Champion Division (anyone 60+ is eligible)
For those looking to become club champions, it’s a great time to find your PGA Coach to improve your game and compete at your best level. Best of luck to all of those competing in your club championships! If you have any questions please contact Matt Weinberger, Director of Amateur Championships at the PGA of America (firstname.lastname@example.org)